A.B.: If you're just joining us, Eeva Mustonen of the Track Queens is currently being attended to by Chief Medical Officer Dr Anya Sharma and her team. The damage done to her right knee... Guys, knee injuries in this business are not a joke. Careers can be finished just like that.
Shamoon: I just- I just can't believe the Jabbars would do that. Why?
Dominga: You really believed in them that much, huh?
Shamoon: I just thought they were better.
Dominga: With a change in attitude that severe, I'd say they're going to be.
Shamoon: You're sick.
A.B.: We turn, once again, to Chloe Davis, who is standing by with the General Manager of the Monday Night Madhouse, Nalah Shabani.
Backstage
The camera feed shows Davis and Shabani, the latter adjusting her golden half-moon glasses. They stand in another hallway within the stadium
Davis: Yes, thank you, Alf. There's a bit of frenzy back here; the whole locker room and faculty are just in shock and horror at the brutal assault by JabbarTV. But I'm here with the GM to address another brutal attack that took place this past Friday on the Fight Pit when the reigning Thunderweight Champion, El Demonio de las Heladas, mutilated the face of his challenger at the Valentine's Brawl, Danys Vités. Ms Shabani, your statement?
Shabani: First, Chloe, I'd like to take a moment to address what Chakir and Chelem Jabbar just did. "Brutal" does not do it justice. It was disgusting and cowardly. As of this moment, JabbarTV is suspended for the remainder of the Pacific Tour, and any and all medical costs pertaining to Ms Mustonen's injuries and recovery will be coming from them. On top of that, they will each be fined $25,000, not Hedso, dollars for assaulting Referee Fabiola Acquarone.
A.B.: As they should be.
Dominga: Pfft. She's just saving face.
Shabani (looks into the camera): And this goes out to the rest of the Madhouse roster. I don't know if there's just something in the Solomon air tonight, but this broadcast has been out of control, and I have had enough! Any further unsanctioned acts of aggression, out in the ring or in the backstage area, will be met with swift and severe punishment.
Shamoon: Please!
Shabani: Now, as for He Who Wields Thunder. I will tell you, what I told my counterpart Jeffery Campbell. The Madhouse did not sanction nor does it condone Heladas' actions, and he too has been fined heavily.
Dominga: Notice how she doesn't mention the amount.
Shabani: Now, while our thoughts and prayers are with Mr Vités, it does still fall on the Fight Pit to name a suitable replacement for the Valentine's Brawl. If one isn't named, I will take it upon myself to find a challenger from this brand and make the Thunderweight title match in Dunedin Madhouse-only.
The crowd is mixed. Some cheer the possibility of a Madhouse match. Others boo the "thoughts and prayers" line.
Dominga: Wow, that is cold-blooded. I respect it.
A.B.: She is right, though. There's no way Vités can compete after that.
Davis: So... you're saying Heladas is still going to be Thunderweight Champion heading into the Brawl?
Shabani: Absolutely. Mr Heladas claimed Thunder in a fair and hard-fought contest AGAINST Danys Vités, if you recall. On that note, however... (looks into the camera once more) ... I would like to point back to our lead analyst Mr Aazif Shamoon.
Shamoon: M-Me?
Dominga: Ooh... You're in trouble...
Shabani: At the very top of the broadcast, Mr Shamoon took the liberty of sharing some very eye-opening statistics with the fans here in Honiara...
The crowd pops.
Dominga: Cheap.
Shabani: ... as well as those watching at home about last week's show in Samoa. But I want us all to hone in on an observation that he made while we were still IN Samoa.
Shamoon: Huh?
Shabani: As of tonight, it has been 29 days since El Demonio de las Heladas became the inaugural Thunderweight Champion at Ascension, and he wrestled the sum total of 0 matches on the Madhouse.
Shamoon: Hey, I did say that.
Shabani: Instead, we've gotten a series of vignettes with deistic posturing and vague threats of victimisation, which, regrettably, ended up being not so vague after all. No more. Next week, in Mount Hagen, Papua New Guinea, He Who Wields Thunder, El Demonio de las Heladas, will be in one-on-one action against an opponent... of my choosing.
A.B.: It's about damn time!
Dominga: That's not fair! How's he supposed to prepare?
A.B.: Cry about it.
Shabani: Thank you and enjoy the rest of the show.
Davis: One last question, ma'am. Is there any chance that the Thunderweight Championship will be on the line next week?
Shabani: No, Chloe. I thought I made it clear. Heladas will be the champion going into the brawl.
The crowd boos.
Shabani: But on an additional note, the Thunderweight Championship will not be on the line, because El Demonio de las Heladas will not be facing a Thunderweight.
A.B.: What does she mean by that?
Shabani: Good day. (leaves)
Davis: Well, there you have it, back to you guys.
Arena
Dominga: What are you beaming about, Shamoon?
Shamoon: She liked my stats.
A.B.: Next up, some more Tag Team action. Hey, I like your stats too.
Shamoon: You've never said it, though.
A.B.: I say it all the time.
Shamoon: Not on camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment