Monday, August 17, 2026

PSW Madhouse Episode 5 - Couple Goals and a Couple o' Gals

An O.R.D.R.L.I. feed appears on the big screen. Elsa Filipsson is seated on a chair outside the Trainer's Room. She has her head in her hands and her skates on her lap.

Kalavina Leota (voice): Elsa?

Elsa raises her head as the Mother Head of Holds, clad in her Road Agent slacks, walks into view. 

Leota (hands on hips): What's going on? Where's Eeva?

Elsa looks down again and points at the door. 

Leota (looks at the door then down at Elsa): She contagious?

Elsa (looks up): What?

Leota (points at door): Da busted knee. Is it contagious?

Elsa (frowning): What? No.

Leota: So, what you sitting out here for? Sharma kick out?

Elsa (averts gaze): ... No...

Leota: Eeva cuss you out?

Elsa: No... I just...

Leota: What?

Elsa: ...

Leota: What? Come on, speak.

Elsa: How am I supposed sit in there?

Leota: With a chair. Like da one you already got.

The audience laughs.

Elsa (frowns): You know what I mean.

Leota (shakes head while shrugging): No, I don't. How about you tell me?

Elsa (groans): Åh, för Guds skull- I'm the reason she got hurt, okay? I kept forcing her to shake that creep's hand and he crippled her!

Leota: How do you she's crippled?

Elsa: What?

Leota: Did Sharma say she was crippled?

Elsa: Wha- They took a chair to her knee!

Leota: Dat's not what I asked. Did you hear de doctor say dat Eeva was crippled? 

Elsa: ... No.

Leota (points at the door with her thumb): Den maybe you should go inside and find out?

Elsa (sighs and looks away): I... can't. I couldn't even look Eeva in the eye?

Leota slowly bends forward, hands on her knees, eyes wide.

Elsa (side-eye): W-What are you doing?

Leota continues her unblinking glare.

Elsa (sighs and looks at her fully): Alright, you've made your point.

Leota: Have I?

Elsa (stands up): Yes.

Leota (straightens): Good.

Elsa turns away and opens the door, "Thank you, Mrs Leota," before stepping inside and shutting the door behind her. 

Shamoon: Sheesh. Leota's scary.

A.B.: Yep.

Dominga: Seriously.

As the door shuts, Leota puts her hand behind her neck, massaging it while groaning in pain, a lingering effect of her match with Athiambo two weeks ago. 

Suddenly, clapping is heard, not from one pair of hands, but two. The owners of said hands come into view and the crowds.

Shamoon: Aw, no! I forgot about these two.

Leota turns to see "Socialite" Seraphina Dubois, clad in a sleeveless, pinstriped, button-down white shirt dress with a tie-waist belt, her blonde hair tired in ponytail with sunglasses resting on her head, and "Emperor" Talon, clad as always in Napoleonic grenadier.

A.B.: We haven't seen these since their "therapy session" two weeks ago.

Dubois: Merveilleux! Truly inspiring stuff. Don't you think, Talon?

Talon: Oui. Magnifique! (hand on chest) I couldn't believe it, but I... felt sahmetheeng, right here. (looks up) Or maybe it was- how do say?- indigestion. (lowers hand and looks down at Leota) Because you and you're "students" make seeck!

Leota frowns, bringing her own hand down.

Dubois (hands interlocked): Seriously, aren't you embarrrassed? I mean, roller skaters, a swimmer, a (chuckles) ballerina and (looks at Talon while laughing)... What was the other one? Some little Chinese pop star girl who had a gambling problem? 

Talon (scrunches his nose): Deesgahsteeng.

Dubois (looks at Leota with disdain): Did it ever occur to you that when you take in these people, these outsiders and "train" them, that you're setting them up for failure? 

Both Leota's brows raise in astonishment, but before she can speak the voice of the little Chinese pop idol is heard.

Lei D (voice): Eck-scuse me. 

A.B.: That's a interesting new look.

"Lucky" Lei D walks up next to her mentor, sporting a new twintailed-style, her naturally black hair dyed white with black dots and a white ascot with the same colour and patterns. Dice patterns adding up to 8 are found all over her clothing.

Dominga: She looks a tiny dalmation.

Lei D: It's velly rude to talk about someone behind their back.

The big Frenchman steps forward: Very well, I weell say eet to your face. (Bends forward) You do naht belong here!

Lei D (frowns): I was dlaffted to this show just like you, and maybe I haven't won a match yet, but neither have eitha of you!

Crowd: Oh!

A.B.: She's right!

Talon scowls and straightens. Dubois folds her arms.

Lei D: Actually, both of you get beat by same woman back to back, Luisa Festa. You remembah her? 

Shamoon: Right again!

The Francophones, both look away at the memory of their session with "Dr Malasartes".

Lei D: And den she make you look like fools. How's that for failure?

Talon's head snaps back at her and he grits his teeth: Espèce d'insolent petit morveux!

Dominga: Uh oh!

He raises his hand to back hand the much, much smaller woman. Leota steps in front of Lei D. The seasoned Samoan woman is hardly a match for the Corsican size-wise, but still she gives him reason to pause.

Talon (narrows his eyes): Stahnd aside, wench.

Shamoon: Wench?

Leota: You forget about Shabani's "no-aggression" call? I'm an officer in this company, you looking to get fined or suspended, again?

Talon (brings hand down and straightens his jacket): Hmph. I could afford eet, and fortunately for you, I do not strike old women.

Dubois comes from behind him: I do!

As she raises her hand, the voice of Maya Lethbridge, another student of Leota and her tag team partner, is heard. 

Lethbridge: I wouldn't do that if I were you. (stands next to Lei D) Not unless you want to lose that hand.

The two Canadian women, one from Alberta and the other from Quebec, have a brief staredown.

Dubois (gesture at the 3 women) What is this? The "I got my ass kicked by Athiambo" Appreciation Society?

Crowd: Oh!

Lethbridge: Beats being part the Delusional Duo. 

Crowd (quieter): Oh...

Dubois (laughs): You want to talk delusional? You? HA! Look, Talon, it's Maya Lethbridge, the terror of bingo halls and old age homes everywhere!

Crowd: OOOH!

Dominga: Haha! I get it. Because she's boring! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Lethbridge: ... Look, everybody. It's Seraphina Dubois, fourth generation superstar. The last daughter of the greatest wrestling family to never exist!

Crowd: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Shamoon: HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Dominga: That's not funny.

Dubois (red with rage): Just because you are all too uncultured to have heard the names of "Diamond Eyes" Damas Dubois, the "Great Golden" Gabrielle Dubois and the Xenogenetic Xylophylic Xarles Dubois, DOESN'T MEAN THEY AREN'T REAL!

Talon shakes his head and rolls his eyes at his girlfriend's rant, behind her back.

Lethbridge: Yeah, sure, but listen. You wanna see how good of a teacher Leota is? Why don't you and your boy toy meet me and Lei D in the ring?

Lei D steps out from behind Leota and nods. The crowd pops.

Dubois (flicks her hair and holds up her hands all sassy): I would love to, but sadly, I can't stomach the stench of those Honiarans.

The crowd boos loudly.

Dubois: Plus, the air out there isn't good for my hair, and I got my nails done-

Talon clears his throat.

Dubois: Oh, yeah, and uh, we just had a look at the rest of the card, and there's just no more time left, so-

Leota (shrugs): Dere's time next week.

Dubois: Huh?

Leota (standing between both sides): Next week, Mount Hagen, Papua New Guinea, Lei D-Lethbridge, Talon-Dubois, Tag Team Match. I'll talk to Shabani and make it official. Sound good?

Lethbridge: Sounds great.

Lei D: Can't wait!

Talon (smirks): Neither cahn I. (holds out arm) Come, Seraphina!

Dubois (takes hold of it, giggling): Only for you, mon amour.

The Francophones turn to leave, but not before the Quebecois throws a part shot.

Dubois: À bientôt, Leota's Losers!

The feed ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment