Monday, July 27, 2026

PSW Fight Pit 4 - Contingency

An O.R.D.R.L.I. feed appears on the two big screens, showing Vito Montani, Jeffrey Campbell and Palesa Jeyi. The former is pacing.

Campbell: Vito, calm down, mate. 

Montani (grabs Campbell's shirt): CALM DOWN?!

Campbell: Grizzly's not a bloody idiot; he's just chancing his arm. He's bluffing!

Cyrus Reed returns to gorilla with a phone in hand. Grizzly lets go of Campbell and snatches it. 

Montani (dialling and putting the phone on speaker): Tony! Tony, I need ya to get Cody and his mom-

Grizzly (voice): Tony can't come to the phone right now.

Montani: YOU! You son of a bitch, I'll kill ya if ya-

Grizzly: Simmer down there, buddy! You don't get to make threats.

Campbell: Grizzly! Grizzly, mate, ya gotta have a think about thi-

Grizzly: I've thought plenty, Campbell, you sneaky little rat bastard. You think I didn't catch wind of this little stunt you were gonna pull? 

Montani: What do ya want?

Grizzly: I want what everybody wants. I want this "Open Season" crap to stop, but more importantly, I want you off my back. So, here's what's gonna happen. You want me in Fiji next week, eh? For your little Ambulance Match? You've got it. I'll be there, but WHEN I stuff your oiled-up carcass into the back of the boo-boo bus, when all your broken bones are fused back together, you will NEVER challenge me for Dominion ever again!

Montani grits his teeth and grips the phone tightly.

Jeyi: That's completely ridiculous!

Campbell: Vito, you don't have to-

Montani: You got a deal.

Campbell, Jeyi & SDS: WHAT?!

Montani (closes his eyes): Just... leave 'em alone, already.

Grizzly: Pleasure doin' business with ya. See ya 'round.

The call ends. Montani growls and crushes the phone.

Campbell: You didn't have ta do that, mate! He had no puff 'round here. We coulda just given the coppers a bell.

Montani (letting the pieces fall): What's done is done.

DS: What an idiot.

Reed: HA! F***in' idiot.

Without even looking, Montani's fist jabs the giant guard in the nose, breaking it. Campbell, Jeyi and the guards don't even register until it's too late.

Reed (stumbling around while holding his face): AAAAARRGGRH!!!! MY NOSE! HE BROKE MY NOSE!

Montani walks into the hallway. No one follows him. The feed ends and the Friday Night Pit comes to a close.

SDS: We'll see you all next week, in Suva, Fiji...

No comments:

Post a Comment