SDS: Now, what's happening?
DS (listening and frowning): Wait, doesn't that sound like-?
And then the feed appears. The crowd screams in shock.
SDS: Its- It's Raquel Santana!
DS: What?
Santana wails on the small man with heavy fists before throwing him into a wall and stomping on him with relentless fury.
SDS: I-I understand that she's frustrated, humiliated and degraded just now, but she's taking it out on the wrong person!
DS: Is she, though? I mean, if we look at that triple threat from last week, then it's kind of Kambole's fault.
SDS: No, it's not! He was a participant, a bystander even!
Suddenly, Deputy Security Chief Cyrus Reed appears: THAT'S ENOUGH!
He grabs both Santana's arms, pinning them to her sides and flinging her away like a common house cat. And just like a house cat, she lands on her feet. Perhaps not as gracefully.
Reed (points down the hall): You're done for the night. Pack up and get out!
Santana grits her teeth and clenches her fists, her face redder than before as she vibrates with anger.
Reed (swallows her personal space): You wanna get spanked again, little girl? BEAT IT!
His voice almost causes the ground to shake. She flinches at and clicks her tongue before leaving.
The young Zambian groans, clutching the back of his head in pain.
Reed (looks down at him): Look at ya. Gettin' stomped on by a skirt. Pathetic.
Some members of the crowd laugh as the giant stomps out of frame, leaving Kambole with a thoughtful scowl.
The feed begins to switch.
SDS: What else is going to happen?
Jeffery Campbell (o.s.): Come in!
The crowd pops at the sound of the GM's voice and even louder when he appears on screen, sitting at his desk. The door opens, and in walks Sara Blood Jr, the 50th draft pick and the daughter of CEO Sanka Williams and President of Talent Relations, Sara Williams. The response to her is... less kind. Good thing she can't hear it... right?
Sara Jr: Yo—ya wantedta see me, Mr Ca—Jeff?
Campbell: Too right, Sara. Chuck the door shut, would ya?
The crowd laughs.
SDS: Um...
DS: Haha! Yeah, let's give them their privacy.
The statuesque Staten Islander approaches his desk nervously.
Campbell: Listen, I know you were disappointed to be left off the card again, but I've got good news. Next week, the End of Jan Special in Suva, Fiji, you're on.
DS: WHAT?!
SDS: That is good news.
SDS: That is good news.
SDS: NO, IT'S NOT!
Sara Jr blinks, gasps and begins to bounce her 196-centimetre up and down in joy.
Sara Jr: Yes! YES! I finally get another- (stops bouncing, and looks at him suspiciously) Hold up, who am I even wrestlin'?
Campbell (smiles): Reckon you're up for another crack at Torti Gal?
The crowd pops loudly.
DS: HELL, NO!
Sara Jr: HELL, NO!
The crowd boos just as loudly, which she hears and turns her head to.
Sara Jr (shakes head): I don't want nuthin' to do wit' dat... weirdo!
The boos are even louder, which Campbell hears. He looks up and finally sees the drone, cringing before quickly looking back at her.
Campbell: Tell you what. You've got the pick of the litter. You make your call and get back to me before knock-off time.
Sara Jr (nods and smiles): Okay. Thanks, Jeff.
Campbell (wags finger): Pick smart, love. Don't want any whinging later on.
Sara Jr (shakes head again, determined): You won't get any. I'll get back to ya ASAP.
Campbell (smiles): Good. (gestures at the door.)
Sara Jr (runs to the door): Thanks again, Jeff. Seriously, ya ain't gonna regret dis. (opens door and leaves.)
DS: Oh, so she just gets to pick her opponent? On the last day of the month? How's that fair?
SDS: She's been asking for another opportunity, and now she's got one, like anyone else. I don't see the problem
SDS: She's been asking for another opportunity, and now she's got one, like anyone else. I don't see the problem
DS: I DO!
SDS: Which is?
DS: HER! SHE'S THE PROBLEM!
SDS: Look at it this way. Instead of one opportunity, she gets two. Pick a good opponent and beat them. Quite the challenge. Maybe she's up for it.
DS: SHE'S NOT!
The feed changes again.
SDS: Oh God, no. Now what?
We see Sara Jr exiting Campbell's office. She lets out a deep sigh.
Katrian Petrov approaches, and the feed switches to the accompanying cameraman's perspective.
Petrov: Sara, we just heard your conversation with Jeff Campbell. Any word-
Sara Jr: Hold up. How? I was just in dere.
Petrov: You were on O.R.D.R.L.I.
Sara Jr: Seriously?!
Petrov: Yes. Now, have you given any thought to who you want to face in Fiji?
Sara Jr: Look, I—I still gotta think, alright?
Petrov: But you've been asking for this opportunity for at least two weeks now. Surely, you have someone in mind.
SDS: This Petrov is a hound dog, isn't she?
Sara Jr: I just told ya-
Mudir (o.s.): There's no piling on the pressure, Ms Petrov.
The Yemenintellectual walks into frame, wearing his entrance robe and glasses. In his arm is the Art of War by Sun Tzu, the same book he was reading in Episode 1.
Mudir: Some people aren't built for it.
Sara Jr: You again? What the hell da you want?
Mudir: To follow my calling. That is to educate, namely you, about the monumental task before you.
Sara Jr: Not interested. (pointing) Scram, or else?
Mudir (adjusts glasses): Or else what, if I may ask?
Sara Jr (leans in, baring long, sharp teeth): Or else I'll choose you.
Mudir (smile slowly creeping across his face): ... Perish the thought. However, if you do, I only ask that you pay special attention to my match. I've selected an opponent who reflects your level of skill.
He does a little bow before leaving. Sara Jr's golden eyes light up, and a feral, wolf-like growl escapes her throat. Katrina Petrov backs away, with the cameraman following her.
Petrov (still keeping her eyes on Sara Jr): Darryl... Diogo... back to you.
SDS: Mudir, in action, NEXT!
No comments:
Post a Comment