Monday, July 27, 2026

PSW Fight Pit Episode 4 - O For Two

An O.R.D.R.L.I feed captures the gorilla position following Heladas' attack and escape.

GM Jeffrey Campbell: He disappeared?!

Producer Palesa Jeyi: They've got flashlights and cameras under the ring. Take a look; he's gone.

Campbell (leaning over her shoulder): Bloody, black magic bastard. I swear on me life, Shabani's gonna-

His phone rings. He pulls it out and laughs.

Campbell: Speak of the Devil, eh? (*beep*)

GM Shabani: Hello, Jeffrey?

Campbell: Nalah! (shares a look with Jeyi) Was just havin' a yarn about ya.

Shabani (on speaker): I want you to know, right now, I did not sanction this attack.  Nor did I know it was going to happen.

Campbell: Strewth, seriously? All that yakking about 'finding a victim' went right over your head, did it?

Shabani: Let's not go there. By that same metric, I could just as easily critique your own lack of preparation.

DS: She's right, you know.

SDS: Quiet.

Campbell: A bit flat out, cobber, actually runnin' my show, ya know?

DS: OOOOH!

SDS: Okay, that was a good one.

Shabani: Very mature. How is Mr Vités doing?

Campbell: Wouldn't you like to know?

Shabani: I'm serious. Our cross-brand title match at the Brawl is currently in jeopardy. If your challenger can't compete, then-

Campbell: Leave me to look after my bloke, alright? You just worry 'bout your bloody demon.

Shabani: I'm just-

*beep*

Jeyi (shakes head): She's loving this.

Campbell: Oh, ya think?

Danys Vités is quickly carried through the black curtain of the gorilla position. The new Deputy-Chief Medical Officer, Dr Kenji Tanaka, is jogging alongside, sterilising the wounds on the Haitian's face.

Campbell: Bloody hell...

Tanaka (briefly looks at Campbell): Eguzactly.

The medics disappear.

Jeyi: Hai, you know? What makes this even worse is that we're 0-for-2 this week. First Tom, Dick and Harry go over to Samoa and get bliksemed and now this.

Campbell (sighs and looks up): Thank you, Palesa. I really needed someone to say it out loud.

Jeyi (smiles and turns away in her seat): You're welcome.

He gives the back of her afro a side-eye before leaving.

Campbell: Tell 'em to wrap up the search and give Daryl the rest of the lowdown.

Jeyi: Will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment