The Newark native, shirtless and shredded, strolls down the ramp.
SDS: What's that in his hands?
DS: Hopefully, a written apology, a letter of resignation AND a statement of guilt.
Montani enters the ring and gestures for Bekker to hand over his microphone. The announcer obeys and scrambles out of the ring as quickly as his pudgy form allows.
Montani: MANILA!
The crowd pops and the name drop.
They pop again.
Montani: Hell of a show, right? Man, we've seen a lot of crazy sh** tonight. We saw a lot of champions. Thunderweight Champion, Tectonic Champion, Tag Team Champions, but we didn't see THE Champion, did we?
The crowd boos quietly.
Montani: We'll get to that in a second, but you know? Nobody tld me tonight was gonna be a not safe for work night.
The crowd murmurs in confusion.
SDS: What's he talking about?
Montani: We saw a guy gettin' a nasty facial, some Brazilian broad gettin' double-teamed, some dude tryna win the boss's daughter's hand in marriage, a man gettin' his toes sucked by another man, a guy gettin' his back blown out in the back of a car, some European guy gettin' double-teamed, and den a long, sweaty, all-male foursome while an old lady watches in da corner.
The crowd is mix of laughter, shocked gasps and cheers. Montani laughs too.
SDS: What?!
DS: Disgusting... I wish I came up with that.
Montani (pacing around): What happened to good, clean, family entertainment, huh? Every week, I gotta call my ma and tell her, (smiles goes away) 'Don't watch. Ya ain't gonna like what ya see.'
His smile returns, but doesn't reach his eyes.
Montani: I mean, joost imagine da heart attack she'd 'ave got two weeks ago - an' she's 68 years old, my ma - joost imagine da heart attack she got if she saw me wreck a guy's ride an' den shoot dat guy wit a tranquilizer dart on live TV like da animal he is.
DS: Nobody forced you to do that, o imbecil!
Montani (smile fades slightly, brows furrows, eyelids droop): Now, I want youse to imagine, a couple weeks before dat, at Ascension, da pain she was goin' t'rough, as dat same guy, dat 440-pound freak, wit' his foot on my chest, makin' me watch as he squeezed da life outta Cody K. Olwagen, my tag team partner, my best friend, my brot'er, who weighs in about a buck-seventy on a good day.
SDS: And that's what it's always been about.
DS: Olwagen had it coming!
Montani (smiles disappears): Alright, forget about Mrs. Montani for a sec, and picture Mrs. Olwagen, 62 years old, who hadda be flown from South Africa all the way to da Isles a' Volmun so she could be with her son in the hospital! (face twitching) Now, picture ME standin' dere, like a friggin' jerk, havin' ta explain to dis sweet ol' lady why her baby boy was lyin' dere wit an oxygen mask on his face... (veins popping) AND WHY THE FU** I LET IT HAPPEN!
His rages sets the crowd into a frenzy.
Montani (takes a deep breath): Befo' I keep goin', lemme put all them rumors to bed (glances at Santos in commentary). Paul Grizzly ain't here.
The crowd loudly boos at this revelation.
SDS: Not surprising.
DS: Why was he looking at me? I never said he was here.
SDS: Yes, you did.
DS: No, I said my sources said he was here.
Montani: He ain't here. He ain't in the building. He ain't in Manila. He ain't even in the Philippines. How do I know? (shrugs) I got connections.
DS: Of course he does.
Montani: But dat's awright. I don't need him here tonight, but I do hope, he's listenin'. (holds up document) See, what I got right here is an executive order from da CEO, da OG, Bredda G himself, Mr Sanka Williams, made at da request of da General Manager Jeffery Campbell (gestures at da stage) and to summa-rize what it says, (reads document) next week, in Suva, Fiji, da End of Jan Special, two weeks before da Valentine's Brawl pay-per-view in Dunedin, New Zealand, Paul Grizzly... (bores into the camera) YER ASS IS MIIIIINE!!!
The crowd pops
DS: WHAT?!
SDS: An executive order for one-on-one match?
Montani (pacing): But hold up, dere's more, cuz dis ain't gonna be no regular singles match. Nah, nah, nah. Dat World Dominion Championship is gonna be on da line...
The crowd pops yet again.
Montani: ... in an AMBULANCE MATCH!
The roof of the Mall strains against the crowd's roar.
SDS: AN AMBULANCE MATCH?!
DS: HAVE THEY LOST THEIR MINDS?!
Montani: An' if you don't like it, if you decide not to show, or if you do show an' den try to walk out on me like you did in Episode 1, Dominion gets handed to me right den an' dere!
SDS: THE CHAMPION HAS BEEN CORNERED!
DS: NOOOOO, HE CAN'T DO THAT! THEY CAN'T DO THIS! YOU CAN'T GIVE THIS CRIMINAL THE WORLD TITLE!
Montani (looks into the camera): Grizzly, you got two choices: Be a friggin' pu**y and hand over dat nice shinin' belt ya love so much, or grow some balls and finish what ya started?
DS: This is extortion! Get the cops back in here!
Montani (walks away from the camera, addressing the crowd): An' if he decides ta show up in Fiji, here's exactly what's gonna happen. When I shut dem doors, Open Season's done. You're gonna see me, standin' here, in da middle of dis ring, wit' a nice new fur coat ova my shoulders an' da World Dominion Championship 'round my waist, wit' sirens blarin' while an ambulance carries away 400 pounds of DEAD MEAT!
He slams the microphone down and holds up his fist as the crowd chants "VITO! VITO! VITO! VITO!". The intense hip hop track returns.
DS: No! Stop chanting! Stop cheering for this terrorist!
SDS: I cannot believe we're finally going to get this match! And what a match it's going to be. An Ambulance match for the World Dom-
Grizzly (voice): Vito...
The music stops. Montani looks around.
Grizzly (voice): Vito... Vito, up here.
The big screens show Grizzly in a hooded jacket and pants standing in front of a brick wall.
Grizzly: Vito, kid, seriously. You're out there talking like I killed the little bastard. When in actuality, I hear he's doing pretty well. In fact, I was just about to go visit him.
The camera then zooms out. Montani's eyes widen in horror.
SDS: That's... That's Constantine Medical. It's a private hospital in Sambuca!
DS: ... Sh**.
Grizzly: See, Vito, I also know people. Like this cameraman here.
The shaggy-haired giant beckons the cameraman to follow as he steps into the entrance of the hospital. The feed ends.
Montani rolls out of the ring and sprints up the ramp.
SDS: O moj Bože. Grizzly's going into the hospital! He's going into the hospital where Cody K. Olwagen is in recovery!
DS: This is Campbell's fault. THIS IS ALL CAMPBELL'S FAULT!
No comments:
Post a Comment