DS: Here he comes. The Plan himself!
Mudir: Or... is it? What with the flooded streets and terrible public transportation, both of which contribute to absurd traffic.
The crowd boos.
Mudir (continues walking down the ramp): If you combine that with violent street crime and expensive street food, I was lucky to have made it to this building with my budget and my life intact.
The boos get even louder.
SDS: This man is going to get himself killed.
DS: They'd just be proving his point.
Mudir: Now, then. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mudir Al-Nābighah, but you may simply refer to me as Mudir. I come from the Ibb Governorate in what is known as the Janad Region in the Republic of Yemen. I stand at a respectable 180 centimetres, and I weigh in this evening at a not-so-insignificant 96 kilograms.
SDS: Talk about pretentious.
DS: You just don't like smart people.
SDS: Maybe that's why I hang out with you so much, Diogo.
More boos.
Mudir (climbs the steps, wipes his feet): There's one more thing you need to know about me. Not only do I always have a plan, I am the plan.
SDS: Oh, please.
Mudir: As you all know, I selected my opponent tonight. This man, despite his young age, is a veteran in the Australian independent circuit. He was also my colleague and one of the most popular acts at Passion Project Wrestling, PPW, belonging to our "esteemed" General Manager, Jeffery Campbell, before its eventual and, frankly, inevitable financial collapse.
DS: HAHAHA!
SDS: No... He's not going to-
Mudir: So, please, join me in welcoming, at this time, my opponent. And Mr Bekker, if you would.
A high-energy, high-spirited violin and beat track plays and the crowd pops loudly. A very small, skinny man power walks down the ramp with a smile. He is clad in orange from his baseball cap to his shirt to his trunks and boots.
DS: HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!
SDS: You cannot be serious right now!
David Bekker: Making his way to the ring, from Alice Springs, Australia, standing 170 centimetres and weighing in at 73 kilos, JOB R. SMITH!
SDS: Earlier, Mudir said he chose someone on Sara Blood Jr's level. I should have known.
Smith climbs the turnbuckle and throws up his hands; the crowd pops. He goes to another turnbuckle and does the same. He repeats this until he has touched all four corners, the reaction getting louder and louder each time. Mudir disrobes, showing long pants and forearm sleeves with fingerless gloves, all green with lime circuitry patterns, as well as knee pads and boots of the same lime colour.
SDS: I'm trying to understand, what part of "the plan" this is?
DS: We'll see.
Smith throws his hat and then his shirt to the stands. The fans scramble to grab it. He then turns to face Mudir. Both men perform warm-up exercises as referee Bryan Mbuemo takes the centre.
SDS: This is, of course, the first time we've seen Job R. Smith since he "title match" against Holder of Dominion, Paul Grizzly two week ago, which, incidentally was the same night-
DS: Was the same night aquele vândalo, aquele canalha, Vito Montani, wrecked the champ's truck and then SNIPED HIM with a TRANQUILISER DART!
SDS: Yes.
Mbuemo calls for the bell and both men approach, arms out in preparation for a collar-and-elbow tie-up.
SDS: Alright then, match-up underway.
Mudir kicks Smith in the gut, doubling him over.
SDS: Mudir going downstairs. Snapmare Driver!
DS: He calls that System Shock.
SDS: There's the cover.
Mbuemo: 1! 2! 3! Ring the bell.
David Bekker: Here is your winner, MUDIR!
The crowd boos. The cello returns.
SDS: Well, it's over. Not sure what that proved or what the "Plan" was.
DS: The plan was to show dominance.
SDS: Uh uh. I seem to recall him getting worked over last week by Flyboy Figueroa and only winning because Figueora made a mistake. So, what? This was just an ego thing?
DS: You just don't get it.
DS: You just don't get it.
SDS: Right, and you're so enlightened.
Mbuemo raises the hand of Mudir, who quickly goes to retrieve his microphone. He suddenly starts to hold his knees, breathing heavily as if he'd been in a long, drawn out battle.
Mudir: ... Sorry, you just... You don't know how nerve-wracking that was. (points at Smith's supine form) This man, you have no idea how dangerous he is.
SDS: What is he talking about?
Mudir: Had I not ended this contest as quickly as possible, he would have summoned a reserve of unlimited potential and absolutely destroyed me.
Mudir: Had I not ended this contest as quickly as possible, he would have summoned a reserve of unlimited potential and absolutely destroyed me.
DS: Wow. I didn't know Smith was like that.
The Yemeni then smirks and laughs to loud boos.
Mudir (wiping a tear from his eye): ... Now, in all seriousness, I would like to extend a genuine, formal apology to Mr Smith. (turns to face the dazed Smith as Mbuemo helps him to a sitting position) I'm sorry that I compared you to Sara Blood Jr.
SDS: And where's this coming from?
Mudir: Not only were you drafted well before her and even myself... Well, no, you and I drafted; she just ended up here after an embarrassing performance unbefitting of her lineage.
DS: That's what I been saying. EMBARRASSING!
Mudir: But beyond that, you went one-on-one against the Tectonic Champion, Dennis Zázrak, in the Fight Pit's first episode! Then in our second episode, you took it one step further by challenging Paul Grizzly for the World Dominion Championship!
Smith just holds his sore head while looking up at Mudir in confusion.
Mudir: All this to say that, in every way that matters, you, sir, are better and far more deserving of your place on this brand than Sara Blood Jr will ever be!
The crowd reaction is... mixed. Some people seem to... agree with him.
SDS: So this is his plan. That's why he's been harassing her all these weeks.
DS: Notice how he's not telling a single lie.
SDS: It's not his place to decide who deserves-
And then a wolfish howl plays from the speakers, followed by an energetic techno beat. Mudir's head snaps in the direction of the stage as Sara Jr sprints down to yet another mixed reaction.
SDS: Oh no! The plan is about to backfire! Sara Jr has heard enough.
She slides into and halfway across the ring, at which point Mudir jumps out and runs to the ramp. Job R. Smith is helped out of the ring by Mbuemo.
SDS: Mudir running away with his tail between his legs.
DS: He's not running. He's retreating. Tactical.
Sara Jr hops to her feet and grabs the microphone Mudir discarded as the latter backs away up the ramp.
Sara Jr: You know something. January's almost outta here, and I never made no New Year's resolution. But now I got one: (points at him) Shutting you up, FOR GOOD!
SDS: No, don't tell me.
Sara Jr: Next week, in Fiji, on the 31st, it's you and me!
Mudir slowly smiles.
SDS: Oh no!
Sara Jr (paces around the ring): And on my mama, I'm gonna rip your tongue outta your mouth... (looks at him once more) and kick. Your. TEETH. IN!
SDS: No, don't invoke your mother!
DS: This just gets better and better.
She throws down the mic, which makes a crackling noise from the impact. Her techno beat theme comes back.
Mudir (nods while backing away, the camera capturing his voice): I'll see you there. I will see you there! (spreads arms) It's ALL... according to plan!
DS: Haha! This mina has no idea what she's done.
SDS: No. No, she doesn't.
Sra Jr (pointing, while leaning over the rope): Your ass is mine! Next week, it's just you and me! YOU. AND. ME!
No comments:
Post a Comment